Stay busy at the Library!
It's that time of year again- the Summer Reading Program is here!
June 1 at 9 am – August 30 at 8 pm
How does it work?
For every hour you read and submit, you can enter for a chance to win a prize (1 hour = 1 ticket).
You have 2 options to keep track of your hours read:
- Pick up a reading tracker bookmark in the Teen Space or at the Circulation desk; then fill it out as you read and bring it back later to turn in.
- Use the Google Form (click here) to enter your hours.
Enter your hours as often as you would like through these options and we will take care of the rest.
What are the prizes?
This year, the winner gets to choose between 2 gift card options for each prize. Plus, each prize comes with a book, candy bar, and a gift card.
Prize 1: $25 Walmart OR Target gift card
Prize 2: $25 GameStop OR Amazon gift card
Prize 3: $25 American Eagle OR Hot Topic gift card
Prize 4: $25 Panera Bread OR Chipotle gift card
End of Summer Party:
Celebrate the end of Summer Reading on September 2 from 6-8 pm with an after-hours library party! We’ll play videogames, zombie tag, eat some pizza, and there will be a few special prizes for attendees.
To attend, you must read and submit 10 hours and fill out the permission slip (click here) by August 30. Piece of cake, right?!
The Fine Print:
Participants must be ages 12-18.
Prizes will not be mailed – winners must be able to pick up at the library.
Participants may only win one prize.
All reading hours must be submitted by August 30 at 8 pm.
We have so much to offer you!
- Study space – you’re welcome to grab a table in the Teen Space for individual work or group work.
- Computer access – you’ll need your library card for this one. Don’t have one? You can use a guest pass for a day or ask staff to create a new library card for you. Either way you’ll need photo ID if you have one, or your school ID. You can also grab a legal guardian and bring them along with you for this process.
- Printing and scanning – remember that you’ll need to prepay for printing. It’s $0.20/page for black and white, and $0.75/page for color.
- Search the catalog for materials.
- Download the Libby app, which allows you to borrow ebooks and eaudio books. You can get it in your app store.
- Access academic databases for school projects. These are open to all New York State residents! Contact a librarian at 315-785-7714 for help.
Snapshot of Our Projects & Programs
Meet Ms. Brittani
Hey! I’m your Teen Librarian. I grew up an Army brat so I spent a lot of my childhood traveling, but spent most of my teen years in New York. I have 2 cats named Mew and Magpie. My hobbies include watching Critical Role with my husband, attempting pilates and barre, playing videogames, and reading.
Favorite color: gray
Favorite book: The Hobbit by JR Tolkien
Favorite dessert: peanut butter chocolate cake
Stop by the Teen Space to say hello!