THE GENEALOGY DEPARTMENT IS CLOSED UNTIL JULY 2017 DUE TO CONSTRUCTION ON THE LIBRARY.
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Saturday: Noon to 4:00 pm
Or call us to make an appointment 315.785.7711
1. Aid and assist the general public in genealogical and historical research with a focus on Jefferson County, NY and the adjacent counties of Lewis, St. Lawrence, Oswego and the province of Ontario, Canada.
2. Collect and preserve genealogical and historical information in any and all possible forms and formats.
3. Maintain a genealogy and local history library collection.
AGAIN, THE GENEALOGY DEPARTMENT IS CLOSED UNTIL JULY 2017 DUE TO CONSTRUCTION ON THE LIBRARY. This includes email requests. We do not have access to our resources during this project. Thank you for understanding.
The Genealogy Department staff conducts in house searches that are free, except for a $.20 per page copy fee and any postage fees.
Requests can be sent by:
1. Mail Us: Please send a SASE (self addressed, stamped envelope) and be as detailed as possible in your letter. Our address is: Genealogy Department, Flower Memorial Library, 229 Washington Street, Watertown, NY, 13601.
2. Email Us: Again, please be as detailed as possible and include an address for us to mail any copies, etc.
3. Telephone us: Our number is 315-785-7711. If you would like an answer to a brief question.